The National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA) is seeking a Chief Operating Officer. The position is located in the greater Denver area.
The Chief Operating Officer will contribute to the vision of the NCIA by supporting the Executive Director, leading and collaborating with Directors and the team. It is a fast-paced small organization comprised of “working” leaders willing to pitch in to do whatever is necessary to meet the desired outcomes. The COO’s oversight is expected to streamline activities and heighten support the Executive Director’s intention of growing the business.
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for:
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Evaluate organizational performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Assess inquiries directed to the Executive Director, determine the proper course of action and delegate to the appropriate individual to manage
- Oversee daily operations of the organization and the work of employees
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
The requirements of the position include the following:
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MS/MBA is preferred
- Experience within the cannabis industry and/or trade associations strongly preferred*
The Chief Operating Officer reports to NCIA’s Executive Director. As a regular, full-time employee, the Chief Operating Officer is eligible to participate in NCIA’s benefit plans as they may exist from time to time in accordance with the terms of the plans.
Click here to apply.